Luke has a broad commercial litigation practice, advising and appearing (both led and unled) in a wide range of commercial disputes. Since 2019, he has been recognised each year by his peers in Australia’s Best Lawyers for his expertise in Commercial Law.
Luke has significant experience in:
- Class actions
- Contract and Lease disputes
- Insolvency & Bankruptcy
- Corporations law
- Trade practices and Australian Consumer Law disputes
- Partnership, director, and shareholder disputes
- Banking & Finance (Loans, mortgages, guarantees and Banking Code of Practice)
- Building & Construction (Domestic, commercial and Security of Payment Act)
- Property law
- Employment disputes (misuse of confidential information and restraint of trade).
Luke has authored published articles and CPD papers on several topics including construction law, banking & finance law, expert evidence and civil procedure.
Before his call to the Bar, Luke was Associate to the Honourable Justice Judd in the Commercial Court of the Supreme Court of Victoria. He completed his graduate year at Mallesons Stephen Jaques (now King & Wood Mallesons) and then practised as a solicitor in the firm’s dispute resolution group.
Luke holds a Bachelor of Arts (History & Politics) from Monash University. He completed his Juris Doctor at Bond University in two years, graduating with Honours. Luke was awarded prizes for achieving the highest mark in three subjects and was placed on both the Dean’s and Vice Chancellor’s Lists for academic excellence.
|Date of Admission:||20 Oct 2009|
|Signed Bar Roll:|
03 May 2012
|Division of Bar Roll:||Victorian Practising Counsel|